At Davos this month, the World Economic Forum released its updated Global Risks Report for 2017. As is typical, WEF provides a variety of multimedia for the report: pdf here, Davos video discussion here, cool infographics here.
The report overall identifies five top Trends.
- Rising Income and wealth disparity
- Changing climate
- Increasing polarization of societies
- Rising cyber dependency
- Ageing population
And five Risks:
- Unemployment / underemployment
- Energy Price Shock
- Fiscal crises
- Failure of National Governance
- Profound Social Instability
Check out also Appendix A on Trend and Risk definition. And Appendix B on methodology, including the makeup of the Global Risks Perception Survey.
This is a good one to save for Enterprise Risk Management and potentially to check against your strategy assumptions.